Thursday, October 9, 2014

Valerie Forward

Valerie Forward 

My home in Coarsegold, California rests in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada, 24 miles from the south entrance of Yosemite National Park. My husband (Daniel Blodgett) and I spend much of our free time hiking the park and enjoying the beauty of the surrounding mountain areasI am still very active in my professional life as a psychology professor and clinical psychologist, as my life’s work is truly my bliss. Retirement from formal work is coming as a natural process, and I will move into spending even more time with other joys such as family, friends, travel and art.  

As I look into my life I know that my number one blessing and joy is my family and number two, excellent health. My two sons, Aaron Riggs (age 44) and Christopher Riggs (age 40) reside in Issaquah, WA and San Francisco, and with them, their wives and children. My grandchildren are Sam (age 10), Josh (age 7) and Maren (age 2). Eva, my stepdaughter (age 30) resides in New Mexico with her husband Matt. All these sweet people (and my husband) are my treasures. 

As I look back on the 50 years since high school graduation, I find it astounding that my life holds so many stories, and yet, I still feel young inside. Are you with me? One big change is that I have become wiser and more reflective with age and I thank my family and dear friends for helping me get to where I am today.   LIFE IS GOOD! 






 Me and my Husband Daniel in Yosemite
Husband Daniel and Grandchilden
Myself, Sam and Josh



No comments:

Post a Comment