Thursday, October 9, 2014

Larry Smith & Cathy Carmichael

Cat Xander (formerly known as: Cathy Carmichael)


Update since our 30 year reunion: I left San Diego City Schools to become the Director of Instruction for The Charter School of San Diego. After six years there, I returned to the San Diego School District and worked as a consultant for Magnet schools. When I retired, Larry and I moved to Sequim, WA which is on the Olympic Peninsula at the foot of the Olympic mountains. Sequim gets only about 12-16 inches of rain per year and is known as "the lavender capital of North America." From our house, you can see Victoria, Canada and watch the cruise ships head to Alaska. Retirement has been good with travel in the US, Argentina, as well as river cruises in Europe, SE Asia, and Egypt. I volunteer for Habitat for Humanity weekly and enjoy living surrounded by greenery in a town where you can get almost anywhere in 10 minutes and a traffic jam means you had to wait at a traffic light!


Larry St. John (formerly known as: Larry Smith)
I'm living on the Olympic Peninsula in Sequim, Washington with my wife and fellow "64" classmate, Cat Xander (Cathy Carmichael), and my golf clubs while maintaining a single digit golf handicap. My three sons are spread out around the world and have grown up to be smart and interesting men.
I spent the last 50 years in the media business with a variety of positions including: on air radio personality, radio station sales manager, radio/television station sales broker, advertising agency executive, consumer magazine president and publisher, direct marketing company owner, and for the last 18 years a website news owner and operator. I do the web business for fun and to keep my hand in the media business and will probably never retire full time.
I'm also an author of a fun and quirky mystery novel that takes place in La Jolla , Pacific Beach and Mission Beach in the 90's. You can find “Killing Me in San Diego” in the Amazon Kindle Store.



No comments:

Post a Comment