Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Susan Morse


Susan Morse

I went to nursing school in the late 60's then worked six years in Adult ICU, followed by 22 years in three different emergency departments in CA.  I left the acute hospital setting in 1998 and worked for a telephone triage company, taking after hours calls for large insurance groups and large groups of physicians.  Five of those years, I taught nurses how to use the software program for telephone triage.  I retired from nursing employment in 2004 yet have continued to stay active with volunteer activities with the San Diego Medical Reserve Corps, Disaster Preparedness section.
In 1990, I met my husband, an LAPD cop, on a fishing boat, in Mexico.  Deep sea fishing, travelling with friends on their sailboats took me to new adventures, scuba diving and kayaking. I actually steered a 56'sailboat through the Panama Canal, with two other boats "rafted" to us.  My local passions include being active in the San Diego Horticultural Society and the plant smart friends I have made there. 
I am blessed to still have friends from kindergarten, Bird Rock Elementary.  We get together a few times a year and tell the same old stories, since we've forgotten we've already heard them.  It is incredible that we are having our 50th.  Where has the time gone?  I know that the Reunion Committee meetings have been a hoot!  I look forward to reading through the Reunion Booklet to catch up.  Go Vikings!!











1 comment: