Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Phil Jones

Phil Jones

After graduating from LJHS I earned a BA degree in Music, served in the Army, earned an MM degree in Piano Performance, taught Piano at the college level for a few years then earned an MA degree in Arts Administration.  As a government Arts Administrator I worked for two State Arts Councils (Nebraska and Indiana) and served as Director of Arts and Culture for the cities of Dallas and Phoenix.   My wife, Pat and I have been married for 39 years.  During that time we've lived in Nebraska, Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Texas and (for the past 20 years) Arizona.   Our daughter, Jennifer (35) works in television and son Kevin (32) is an architect.  We have a wonderful daughter- in-law, Erin.   Since retiring in 2009, I've served on local arts boards and in leadership positions at our church.  I also volunteer at the Musical Instrument Museum in Phoenix.   I have time to play the piano again, and continue to post new classical recordings on my youtube channel (google: pianophilo).   My wife recently retired from her administrative job with a local school district, and we are looking forward to doing some traveling in the future.

Phil Jones and Family


No comments:

Post a Comment