Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Michele Harris Royle

50 years of my life in a paragraph -

I started working at Pacific Bell as an operator in 1965.  By the time that I retired in 1991 I had done various jobs (each one more enjoyable than the last) from mail clerk, to secretary, to supervisor, to transmission engineer, to budget analyst, to account executive, and finally to outside plant engineer.  Retirement came too soon in my life so after a year I went back to work in the private sector for a retired judge.  It was just she and I - what a change from the corporate world.  Loved working for her during our 6 years together. During these 30 odd years there were other really great things that happened.  In 1969 I married Ron Royle (formerly of Mission Beach but who attended La Jolla for his Jr./Sr. year before he quit and joined the U.S. Navy).  We had a great life together for 7 years living for a month in North Park, then 1 1/2 years in Ocean Beach and then buying our home in Encinitas in 1971 (which we still live in today).   In 1976 life got even better.  We started our family with the birth of our daughter, Jessica, and then followed up 11 months later with the birth of our son, Matthew.  Life was great!  We went to the beach, we went camping, did out annual summer to Catalina, RV’d about and traveled north to Canada and south to Mexico.  We had numerous cats and 3 dogs.  School. soccer, and baseball kept us on the go.  Our daughter married in 2001 and has given us three adorable grandkids (2 girls and a boy ages 12, 11, and 9).  They live close by so it’s fabulous when I get to help out or just visit.  Our son chose to move first to Hawaii in 2006 and now he is living in Cambodia.  You ask why…I don’t know why!  Ron and I, with all of our retirement time, love to garden, ski in the Wasatch Mtns. of Utah and do a lot of RV-ing throughout the United States plus traveling far afield to places like Greece, Turkey, England, France, Germany, Finland, Russia, Amsterdam, Czech Republic.  We are about to go local and stay on the Queen Mary in Long Beach  and then our first time trans-Atlantic cruise to Italy, et al.  I never thought that my life would be what it has been but heck you only go thru life once and you might as well enjoy it to the fullest.  I have enjoyed it and then some.  Our 50th high school reunion was amazingly fun.  Thanks to everyone who worked so hard to gather us all together.  Looking forward to seeing everyone for years and years to come.  (Except Mr.Cooper as he would frown on this being a proper paragraph)!  May we all live long, healthy, and happy lives.



No comments:

Post a Comment