Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Robert Solymossy

Robert Solymossy

"After graduation, went to Mammoth Mountain and worked as lumberjack then ski patrol for a year, spent a year at Mesa College but realized a future desk job was not in the stars for me; it was at this point that my long aviation career began.

After earning my pilot licenses/ratings, I worked as a flight instructor and also flew charter flights (including Dionne Warwick) from Lindbergh Field, joined PSA as flight instructor (remember PSA? :-)), and wrote a script for Gilligan’s Island. In 1974, I moved to the British Virgin Islands, where I flew for Air BVI (and later worked in management) and enjoyed 10 years as a bachelor in paradise. In 1984, I met my wife Diana and married at last. For me, it was well worth the wait.

We returned to the States in 1985 and settled in northern Virginia area. I worked in various executive capacities with All Nippon Airways for 14 years, including helping to launch the airline’s first B747 non-stop flights (up to 15 hrs) between Washington and Tokyo. 

Retired in 2000, now spend most of my time planning our next adventures around the world. Our interests, besides seeing the world, span skiing, sailing (bareboat), flying and scuba diving, which we try to do each year. In my spare time I work on my videos (both underwater and abovewater), and rent small planes to fly Diana someplace interesting. We do try to take “the road less traveled” while we can, and to make the most out of life, since its much too short. 

Some of our memorable trips (clips of which which you can see on the links below): shark and Manta Ray diving in Fiji, being up close and personal with Silverback mountain Gorilla’s in Rwanda, touring the Kingdom of Bhutan, making friends with the Huli Wigman tribe in the Highlands of Papua New Guinea, sailing the Cyclades Islands of Greece on a 40 ft bareboat, etc…etc.

Most of our travel videos/pictures are on our web site, at : www.solymossy.com or on my YouTube channel at www.YouTube.com/2FlynDive.

If you wish to contact me, please do so at: robert@solymossy.com

Best wishes to all!"

No comments:

Post a Comment